The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress is a thoughtfully designed bed that combines the benefits of foam and innerspring construction. It features a plush knit cover that is soft and breathable, a comfort layer infused with ceramic cooling gel beads for temperature regulation, an adaptive foam transition layer for additional comfort, and a supportive base layer composed of pocketed springs for responsiveness and edge-to-edge support.
This mattress is generally described as medium-firm, and it’s designed to provide a balance of softness, support, and pressure relief. It excels in temperature regulation, thanks to the gel beads in the comfort layer and the breathable pocketed coils in the support layer. Additionally, its combination of adaptive foam and pocketed coils works well to minimize motion transfer, making it a good choice for those who share a bed.
Here’s a summary of who might benefit from this mattress:
- Various Sleep Positions: Its medium-firm feel can cater to many sleepers, including back, stomach, and side sleepers.
- Hot Sleepers: The cooling gel beads and breathable materials used in the mattress can help regulate temperature and keep you cool throughout the night.
- Couples: The mattress’s design minimizes motion transfer, meaning you’re less likely to be disturbed by your partner’s movements.
- People Who Enjoy Edge Support: The mattress has enhanced edge support, providing a stable feel when sitting or lying near the edge of the bed.
- People Needing Pressure Relief: The adaptive foam layers contour to your body shape, providing pressure relief, which can be especially helpful for those with joint pain or those who sleep on their sides.
Check most up to date pricing here, or keep reading for more details.
Tuft and Needle Mint Hybrid Mattress (In Depth Review)
The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress provides additional comfort and support beyond the original Tuft & Needle mattress. It has a layered design that combines various materials for support, pressure relief, and temperature regulation:
- Cover: The mattress features a soft and breathable plush knit cover for a cool night’s sleep.
- Comfort Layer: The top layer is infused with ceramic cooling gel beads designed to absorb and dissipate heat, helping regulate your body temperature throughout the night.
- Transition Layer: This is designed to provide additional support and comfort. It is infused with an extra dose of Tuft & Needle’s proprietary Adaptive® Foam, which contours to your body shape and sleeping position to relieve pressure points like your hips and shoulders.
- Support Layer: The base of the mattress includes a layer of individually pocketed springs that provide responsive support and further help with motion isolation.
- Perimeter Support: The mattress also features additional edge support, meaning you should feel stable when sitting or sleeping near the edge of the bed.
- Base Layer: The final layer of the mattress is a dense foam that serves as a foundation, adding durability and structure.
The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress has a cover designed to be both soft and breathable. This contributes to the mattress’s overall comfort and aids in temperature regulation, which can be especially important if you tend to sleep hot.
The cover is a plush, knit fabric that is soft to the touch. This can provide immediate comfort as soon as you lie down on the mattress.
The cover is also designed to be breathable, meaning it allows for good airflow through the mattress. This can help to dissipate heat and keep you cooler as you sleep.
However, it’s worth noting that the cover on most Tuft & Needle mattresses is not designed to be removed or washed. If the cover gets dirty or has a spill, you would typically spot clean it with a mild detergent and water, ensuring to fully air dry it before putting any sheets or bedding back on.
The Comfort Layer
The comfort layer has two main aspects:
- Adaptive Foam: The comfort layer primarily comprises Tuft & Needle’s proprietary Adaptive Foam. This foam is designed to provide a balance of softness and support. It contours to your body shape and sleeping position to relieve pressure points like your hips and shoulders. The Adaptive Foam is also designed to be more breathable than traditional memory foam, which can help to keep you cooler as you sleep.
- Ceramic Gel Beads: The comfort layer is infused with ceramic cooling gel beads. These beads are designed to absorb and dissipate heat, which can help to further regulate your body temperature throughout the night. When you’re cool, the gel beads stay inactive and the foam behaves like a traditional memory foam. But as you get warmer, the beads liquefy to create a pathway for heat to escape, thus helping to keep you cool.
It’s important to note that the “comfort” of a mattress can be quite subjective and depends on factors like your preferred sleeping position, body weight, and personal preference for mattress firmness. The Mint Hybrid is generally described as a medium-firm mattress, which can be suitable for a wide range of sleepers.
The Support Layer
- Pocketed Coils: The support core of the Mint Hybrid mattress features individually pocketed springs. These springs provide a responsive feel, adapt to your body’s shape, and reduce motion transfer across the bed. This means that if you’re sharing the bed, movement from your partner is less likely to disturb your side of the bed. Pocketed coils also offer excellent breathability, allowing for good airflow throughout the mattress, which can help to dissipate heat and keep you cooler as you sleep.
- Perimeter Support: Besides the pocketed coils, the Mint Hybrid mattress also features enhanced edge support. This is designed to provide a stable feel when sitting or lying near the edge of the bed. It also maximizes the usable surface area of the mattress, which can be especially beneficial if you’re sharing the bed.
- Base Layer: The mattress also includes a base layer of high-density foam beneath the pocketed coils. This base layer serves as a foundation, adding durability and structure to the mattress, and also helps to absorb motion and reduce noise from the coils.
The level of support a mattress provides can be especially important if you have specific sleep needs or health concerns, such as back pain. The Mint Hybrid is generally described as a medium-firm mattress, which can provide a good balance of comfort and support for a wide range of sleepers.
Other Key features
- Firmness: The Tuft & Needle Mint Hybrid mattress is generally described as medium-firm, which is often suitable for a wide range of sleepers including side, back, and stomach sleepers.
- Temperature: If you tend to sleep hot, the cooling gel beads in the comfort layer and the breathable cover could help keep you comfortable.
- Motion Isolation: If you share your bed with a partner and are concerned about being disturbed by their movements, the pocketed coils and adaptive foam layers are designed to minimize motion transfer.
- Edge Support: If you like to sit or sleep near the edge of your bed, the additional edge support could be beneficial.
- Pressure Relief: The adaptive foam layers are designed to provide pressure relief, which can be especially helpful for side sleepers or those with joint pain.