The Purple Hybrid is a hybrid mattress made by Purple, which specializes in creating unique, high-quality mattresses. The mattress features a combination of foam and pocketed coil technology designed to provide pressure relief, support, and motion isolation.
Here’s quick review of the Purple Hybrid.
- The top layer of the Purple Hybrid mattress is made of the brand’s proprietary Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid, designed to relieve pressure while allowing airflow to keep you cool throughout the night. The grid conforms to your body’s shape and distributes weight evenly, which can help reduce pressure points that cause discomfort.
- Underneath the top layer is a layer of polyfoam that provides additional cushioning and support, followed by a layer of pocketed coils that provide targeted support where you need it most. The coils are individually wrapped to help reduce motion transfer, so you won’t feel your partner’s movements as much during the night.
- The Purple Hybrid mattress also has a layer of high-density foam at the base to provide stability and durability.
The Purple Hybrid mattress is available in various sizes, including Twin XL, Full, Queen, King, and California King, and it comes with a 100-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty.
Overall, the Purple Hybrid mattress is a good choice for people who want a hybrid mattress that combines the benefits of foam and coils, with a unique and innovative design that provides pressure relief and support. However, it’s important to note that everyone’s sleep preferences and needs are different, so it’s always a good idea to try out a mattress before committing to it.
To learn more, you can check out pricing here or keep reading.
Purple Hybrid Mattress (an in-depth review)
The Purple Hybridmattress is made up of four layers, each of which serves a specific purpose in providing comfort, support, and pressure relief:
- The top layer is made of Purple’s proprietary Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid. This layer is designed to be both soft and responsive, contouring to the curves of your body while also providing support. The grid is also designed to promote airflow, helping to keep you cool throughout the night.
- The second layer is made of 2 inches of soft polyurethane foam. This layer provides additional cushioning and helps to distribute your weight evenly across the mattress, reducing pressure points.
- The third layer is made of 7.5 inches of individually wrapped coils. These coils are designed to provide targeted support where you need it most, such as your hips and shoulders. The coil layer is also designed to promote airflow, which can help keep you cool while you sleep.
- The bottom layer is made of 1 inch of high-density foam. This layer provides a stable base for the mattress, helping to increase durability and prevent sagging over time.
These four layers create a unique sleeping experience that combines pressure relief, support, and comfort. The Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid helps to alleviate pressure points and reduce motion transfer, while the coils provide targeted support and promote airflow. The foam layers help to cushion and distribute your weight, creating an overall comfortable and supportive sleeping surface.
Feel and Comfort
The Purple Hybrid mattress has a unique feel often described as firm and pressure-relieving. The top layer of the mattress is made of Purple’s proprietary Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid, which conforms to the curves of your body while also providing support. The grid has a unique feel that some people describe as “bouncy” or “gel-like,” It can feel quite different from other foam-based mattresses.
Underneath the Hyper-Elastic Polymer layer is a layer of soft polyurethane foam that provides additional cushioning and helps distribute your weight evenly across the mattress. The coil layer provides targeted support and promotes airflow, which can help keep you cool while you sleep.
Overall, the Purple Hybrid mattress is designed to provide pressure relief, support, and comfort. The combination of the Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid and the coil layer creates a unique feel often described as supportive and pressure-relieving, with a slight bounce that some people find enjoyable. That being said, everyone’s experience with a mattress can be different, so it’s always a good idea to try it out in person or take advantage of the mattress’s sleep trial to ensure it’s the right fit for you.
The Purple Hybrid mattress is designed to be temperature neutral, so it shouldn’t feel excessively hot or cold. The mattress’s top layer is made of Purple’s proprietary Hyper-Elastic Polymer grid, designed to promote airflow and dissipate heat. The coil layer also promotes airflow, which can help keep you cool while you sleep. The mattress’s cover is also made of a breathable knit fabric that allows air to circulate through the mattress.
That being said, everyone’s experience with temperature can be different, and some people may still find the Purple Plus mattress too warm for their liking. If you tend to sleep hot or live in a particularly warm climate, you may want to consider using breathable sheets and bedding or using a cooling mattress pad to help regulate your temperature while you sleep.
Sleep Trial and Warranty
The Purple mattress comes with a 100-night sleep trial, which allows you to try out the mattress in the comfort of your home. This gives you ample time to decide if the mattress is the right fit for you.
During the sleep trial, if the mattress isn’t meeting your expectations, you can initiate a return for a full refund. Purple will arrange for the mattress to be picked up and donated or recycled, and you will receive a full refund of your purchase price.
It’s important to note that there are some limitations to the sleep trial. For example, the trial period is only available for the original purchaser and is not transferable. Additionally, the mattress must be in good condition with no stains or damage. You must keep the mattress for at least 21 nights before initiating a return to allow your body time to adjust to the new mattress.
Overall, the Purple mattress sleep trial is designed to allow you to try the mattress risk-free and ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.
The Purple mattress comes with a 10-year limited warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser who purchased the mattress directly from Purple or an authorized retailer.
Under the terms of the warranty, Purple will repair or replace the mattress if it is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship. The warranty covers issues such as sagging or indentations greater than one inch and physical flaws in the mattress cover or foam.
It’s important to note that the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, damage caused by misuse or abuse, or changes in the firmness or softness of the mattress resulting from regular use. Additionally, the warranty does not cover issues such as stains, odors, or damage caused by improper cleaning or handling.
If you believe your Purple mattress may be covered under warranty, contact Purple’s customer support team to initiate a claim. The company may require photos or other documentation to verify the issue, and they will work with you to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Alternatives to the Purple Hybrid
Maybe after reading our review you’ve discovered the Purple Hybrid isn’t for you. If that’s the case, consider these alternatives:
- Casper: Casper is a popular mattress brand that offers a range of mattresses, including all-foam and hybrid options. Casper mattresses are designed to provide pressure relief and support for various sleeping positions. You can start with our review on the Casper Wave Hybrid.
- Tuft & Needle: Tuft & Needle offers all-foam mattresses designed to provide a balance of support and comfort. They offer a few different firmness options and are made with high-quality materials. You can read our reviews on the Tuft and Needle Original mattress and the Mint Mattress.
- Saatva: Saatva offers luxury hybrid mattresses designed with a focus on durability and comfort. They offer a range of firmness options and are made with high-quality materials, including eco-friendly options.
- Leesa: Leesa offers all-foam and hybrid mattresses to relieve pressure and support. They offer a range of firmness options and are made with high-quality materials.
- Nectar: Nectar offers memory foam mattresses designed to relieve pressure and support. They offer a range of firmness options and are made with high-quality materials.
It’s important to note that everyone’s sleep preferences and needs are different, so what works well for one person may not work as well for another. It’s always a good idea to try out a mattress in person or take advantage of a sleep trial period to make sure it’s the right fit for you.