Homemakers love Shark vacuums for the powerful and easy-to-use devices that they are. But, are they overhyped? Or are they actually good vacuum cleaners that offer the best value?
Well, Shark vacuums are the right mix of affordability and quality, and they are multifunctional to use on different surfaces as well. But with all the options out there, it can be confusing to find the right vacuum cleaner for your use. That’s where we come in. After going through hundreds of vacuum reviews on Amazon and understanding what each model does the best, we have compiled a list of the best Shark vacuums.
Whether you need to clean your hardwood floors or the high-pile carpet you haven’t cleaned ever since you moved in, the list below will help you channel your inner Monica the best.
8 Best Shark Vacuums
1. Shark APEX Duoclean Upright Vacuum Cleaner
If you want a vacuum that not only cleans your floors but also cleans itself, we recommend the Shark Apex Upright Vacuum cleaner! It comes in a stunning design along with powerful technology that makes cleaning easy and fun.
Armed with the Powered Lift-Away technology, this vacuum has a detachable canister so the brush can reach even the toughest spots. And if you have a furry friend at home, this vacuum does an excellent job of pulling all the tangled hair from the carpet as well. The Zero-M technology offers a self-cleaning feature while the seal technology keeps dirt inside the canister without getting clogged.
Plus, it comes with a HEPA filter that provides advanced anti-allergen cleaning. The DuoClean dual brushrolls further make it easy to deep clean your hardwood floors, or carpets. Also, the floor nozzle and handle have integrated LED lights for visibility in dark corners and under the sofa.
- Cord length: 30 feet
- Power Lift-Away technology
- Detachable canister for hard-to-reach areas
- Deep cleans hardwood floors as well as pile carpets
- Anti-allergen HEPA filter technology
- DuoClean technology, dual brushrolls offers powerful suction
- LED lights on the handle and floor nozzle
- Seal technology keeps dirt inside the canister
- Zero-M technology offers a self-cleaning feature
- It is slightly expensive
2. Shark Rocket Corded Ultra-Light Vacuum
Even though the Shark Rocket vacuum comes in an ultra-light and compact design, this model offers great value. This vacuum is corded, but you can easily use it as a cordless vacuum cleaner for your car seat or the sofa.
Equipped with an extra-large dust cup, this vacuum can deep clean your area rug and your hardwood floors with just a few buttons. And yes, switching from bare floors to carpet is easy too, you don’t have to stop and change the settings manually. Just push a button and you can enjoy a smooth floor-to-carpet transition.
The motorized brush with Zero-M technology does an excellent job of picking up hair from the carpets. Also, it is self-cleaning and removes hair wrap from the brushrolls so you don’t have to do it yourself. And with an advanced swivel steering feature, going from one difficult corner to the next will be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!
- Anti-Hair Wrap Technology
- Cord length: 30 feet
- Swivel steering for excellent maneuverability
- Powerful suction to clean debris from bare floors
- Self-cleaning brushroll removes hair wrap
- Comes with an extra-large dust cup
- Lightweight and compact design
- Can be used as a corded stick vacuum or cordless vacuum
- Equipped with LED lights improves visibility
- Anti-allergen complete seal technology and HEPA filtration
- Limited color options
- Does not have DuoClean technology
3. Shark IONFlex DuoClean Ultra-Light Cordless Stick Vacuu3.m
The Shark IONFlex cordless vacuum is a great 2-in-1 that can quickly transform into a handheld vacuum. Even though it sounds good on paper, the convenience of a 2-in-1 vacuum falls short given it weighs 7.7 pounds. This means your hands will get tired from cleaning in minutes, long before the battery runs out.
With a 26 minutes runtime and two rechargeable batteries, the Shark Ion Flex offers a hassle-free cleanup. You can charge the other battery while you’re using the vacuum and swap the battery if your cleaning hasn’t finished. Even though it doesn’t make it to the list of the best handheld vacuums*, it does let you break free from the wall.
This vacuum boasts of the Shark DuoClean technology that features a combination of a bristle brush and soft roller — which makes it suitable to use on both area rugs as well as bare floors.
- Hassle-free runtime
- 2X ION Power Pack System
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology
- MultiFLEX Technology for easy storage
- Pre-Motor Foam & Felt Filters
- 26 minutes of battery life
- Comes with two removable, rechargeable batteries
- Shark DuoClean Technology to clean fine dust and large debris
- Slightly heavy when used as a handheld vacuum
*For handheld vacuums, we think Dyson has a better list of options. Check out what we mean in this review of the best Dyson handheld vacuums.
4. Shark IQ Robot Self-Empty Robotic Vacuum
If you want a clean house but don’t want to do the cleaning yourself, the Shark IQ Robot Vacuum is your best bet. Along with cleaning your house for an entire month, it also empties itself into the bagless base.
The Shark IQ has a powerful suction that can pick up fine dust as well as larger debris, and roll pet hair from the carpet without a hair wrap! It maps the house and you can control which rooms to clean, or schedule whole house clean up through the Shark app. Since it’s a smart device, it also works with voice control through Alexa or Google Assistant.
Plus, the Shark Robot vacuum comes with BotBoundary strips to restrict access to certain rooms and set up a boundary in your house. It maps the house and cleans row by row, and when its battery life is used up, it returns to the dock, recharges, and resumes where it left off.
- Wi-Fi Connected
- Self-Cleaning Brushroll
- Comes with BotBoundary strips
- Powerful suction for deep cleaning
- Automatically cleans the house periodically
- The bagless base can hold dirt up to 30 days
- Self-cleaning brushroll removes hair without hair wrap
- Voice control through Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Extremely loud while cleaning
5. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum
Ideal for vacuuming pet hair, this model from Shark is a top pick among pet parents. It comes with a 12″ crevice tool, pet multi-tool, and power brush to tackle all the tangled pet hair, even in thick carpets. This means you can finally let your dog or cat roll around in the area rug without worrying.
Apart from tools, this vacuum cleaner boasts of a switch that makes it easier to transition from carpet and bare floors without changing out the brushes. Also, the detachable canister as well as LED lights on the hose ensure that there is no debris left over even in hard-to-reach places.
Further, the Shark Rotator Professional Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter to trap all the dust and debris inside.
- Cord length: 25 feet
- Washable filters
- 5-year warranty (limited)
- Detachable pod for hard-to-reach areas
- LED lights to spot hidden debris
- Power Brush with a Bordeaux finish
- Can easily switch from hardwood floor to carpet mode
- Comes with an extra crevice tool, power brush, pet multi-tool
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and HEPA filter
- Heavy, so limited maneuverability
6. Shark Navigator DLX Upright Deluxe Vacuum
The Navigator DLX is one of the affordable Shark vacuum cleaners that does not compromise functionality. Its swivel steering offers superior control for maneuvering while the extra-long hose can reach the ceiling easily.
Plus, it comes with extra tools — a crevice tool to reach difficult spaces and an upholstery tool to clean your sofas with ease. Also, the dust cup is three times the size of the original Navigator. This canister vacuum has a 25 feet cord so you don’t have to be stuck to the wall.
However, this vac is very noisy when in use, which could be a deal-breaker for some people. But given the features at a lower price tag, we think this is the right pick for people with a limited budget.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Comes with a crevice tool and upholstery tool
- Swivel steering offers excellent control
- Comes at an affordable price
- Stunning silver and gold color option
- Strong suction for deep cleaning
- Extra-long hose for above-floor cleaning
- HEPA filtration system keeps dust and allergens inside
- Very noisy
7. Shark HV382 Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Hand Vacuum
Unlike other heavy and big handheld vacuums, the Shark Rocket Hand Vacuum comes in a super-compact design and is ultralightweight. It also comes with a crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, and a Hard Floor Hero.
Since this is a corded model, you will have to plug it in to use. It does reduce the mobility but hey, you can clean your space without worrying about the battery dying midway. The LED lights on the nozzle make it easy to spot hidden debris. But, the dust cup is small in size, only about .42 dry quarts.
Further, this Shark vac has the DuoClean technology featuring two brushes that deep clean carpets as well as engages bare floors for a polished look.
- LED lights for visibility
- Features DuoClean technology
- Ultralightweight (only 4.5 pounds)
- Small and compact design for handheld vacuum
- Suitable for above-floor cleaning as well
- Comes with a crevice tool, upholstery tool, and a dusting brush
- It has a very small dust cup (.42 quarts)
8. Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum NV356E
The Shark Navigator Lift is an affordable option that provides offers when it comes to cleaning different surfaces. From area rugs to hardwood floors, this vacuum can take on most surfaces and make it squeaky clean with its impressive suction power.
Reviewers on Amazon raved about the smooth swivel steering. This vac is easy to maneuver and the detachable canister makes it easy to go under the furniture.
Also, it comes with two crevices tool, and a pet upholstery tool, but lacks the Hard floor hero attachment. If you don’t really need an advanced vacuum cleaner and a powerful suction with some tools is all you need — this Shark vacuum is your best bet.
- Washable filters
- Excellent suction power
- Lighweight design
- Smooth swivel steering
- Affordable Shark upright vacuum
- Detachable canister makes it easy to reach difficult spaces
- Prone to tipping over
Things To Consider Before Buying Shark Vacuums
Most Shark vacuums come with a HEPA filter today. It filters the air moving from the vacuum and removes pet dander and allergens for safety. These filters then help the filter to exhaust fresh air so you don’t suffocate while vacuuming your floors. Some vacuums have a replaceable filter, while some have washable.
Size/ type of vacuum
Do you live in a small apartment with limited space? If so, then getting a small upright or handheld vac is a safe choice. What type of vacuum cleaner you should get depends on the place you have and the area you will be vacuuming. For more example, if you live in a larger home, then getting a larger vacuum will cut down how often you have to vacuum.
Dust cup size
Again, the area you will be vacuuming should influence the vacuum you should get. If you constantly vacuum a large space, you will need a vacuum with a larger dust cup. Similarly, if you need to vacuum small rooms, smaller dust cups will work just fine.
Not all Shark vacuums come with a full array of tools like crevice tool, pet upholstery tool, etc. If you have a pet at your home, chances are all your furniture is covered with pet hair. In such a case, having a pet upholstery tool is ideal for cleaning pet hair. Further, having self-cleaning brushes (Zero-M technology) that prevent hair wrap also makes your job a lot easier.
If you want a hands-free experience of vacuuming your space, getting a robot vacuum is the closest you can get. You can set up schedules and use voice control options for the little robot to work while you can lounge on your sofa and watch Netflix. Or ahem, do other serious adult responsibilities.
Handheld vs upright vacuums
Handheld vacuums are great for little messes and above-floor cleaning while upright vacuums are great for vacuuming floors and carpets. Most Shark upright vacuums can be transformed into a handheld vacuum as well, but check in before you make the final purchase.
Shark vacuums are highly durable and are a great alternative to expensive Dyson vacuums. From handheld vacuums to robot vacuums, Shark has a plethora of options to choose from. The device you get should battle your cleaning problems and complement your space well. This is the list of some of the best Shark vacuums and we hope you find one that suits your needs.