L shaped desks utilize unused corner spaces the best by adding a generous work surface as well as additional storage space. Whether you are looking to upgrade your home office, or need a functional, space-saving gaming desk — L shaped desk is a popular choice to consider.
True to its name, this desk comes with two sides that are perpendicular to each other that form an L shape and fits perfectly in a corner. The best L shaped desks are hard to define because everyone has different needs and style preferences.
Nevertheless, size, material, and storage are just a few factors to consider before you make your purchase. So, from modern designs to traditional ones, we combed through Amazon to find some of the best L shaped desks.
8 Best L Shaped Desks – Quick Review
- Z-line Belaire with Glass Top
- Sauder Harbor View Corner Cherry Computer Desk
- Bush Furniture Espresso Oak
- Dakota Espresso Desk with Bookshelves
- L Shaped Study Table
- Monarch Computer Desk
- Walker Desk with Modern Design
- L Shaped Electric Standing Desk
Best L Shaped Glass Desk
With tempered glass and a gorgeous metal frame, the Z-Line Belaire will surely be in the spotlight even when it’s placed in the corner. The sleek and modern design strikes a perfect balance between elegant and minimal and will match any home decor.
The desk features a raised monitor shelf and a pull-out keyboard tray, which makes it a good choice for any home office or gaming room. Even though the glass top may catch fingerprints, it isn’t a deal-breaker considering how sturdy and spacious this desk really is. Keep in mind that this l shaped desk needs to be assembled and it requires two people, although it is fairly easy to put together.
For such a decent price tag, the Z-Line Belaire is definitely the best l shaped glass desk. Period.
- Sturdy tempered glass top
- Raised monitor shelf
- Slide-out keyboard tray
- Strong and durable construction
- Spacious desktop work surface
- Easy to put together
- Can be customized
- Sleek and modern design
- Limited 5 year warranty
- The glass catches a lot of fingerprints
- Assembly requires two people
Best L Shaped Desk For Gaming
Most Sauder products are made with sustainability in mind and this high-quality wood desk is no different. It’s made with post-milling leftovers and has a clean and elegant design with a rich cherry cured finish.
This corner computer desk is perfect for gamers or office workers who have a small space to fit their desks. The ‘door’ houses a vertical CPU tower and the drawers can fit letter-size files and your important gears for gaming.
Also, the door and drawers of this desk can be installed onto either side of the desk!
And if you always manage to tangle your cords, then fret not. The Sauder Harbor View features grommet holes for easy cable management so even if you place this desk in your living room, your guests won’t see any clutter.
- Pull-out keyboard tray/mouse shelf
- Letter-sized drawers to hold files or gears
- The door hides a vertical CPU tower
- Adjustable stand for flexible storage option
- Door and drawers can be fastened on the left or right side of the desk
- Grommet hole for a tangle-free cable management
- This desk is easy to assemble
- A matching hutch can be bought separately
- The instruction manual is easy to understand
- It has sharp edges
- Needs extra pieces at the back to cover the openings
Best L Shaped Desk With Hutch
An L shaped desk with a hutch is a great way to turn any unused corner in your home office into a functional space. This corner desk has enough space to accommodate all your office supplies.
The hutch on the top further adds some additional storage for books, files, and decorative vases. Plus, the hutch is reversible — it can be mounted on either side of the desk! What we love the most about this l-shape desk is the integrated 4-port USB hub that is super helpful to connect devices.
The Bush Furniture Cabot comes in stunning color options from plain white to beautiful espresso oak and natural maple. As Amazon’s choice for ‘office desk with hutch,’ this L-shaped desk is quite expensive but it’s justified with the solid build, tons of storage space, and space-saving footprint.
- Six beautiful color options
- Scratch-resistant table tops
- 4-port USB hub to connect devices
- Comes with a hutch for additional storage
- File drawer fits letter, legal, and A4-size papers
- Made with high-quality engineered wood
- Cable management system
- ANSI/BIFMA test standards for safety
- Reversible hutch can be mounted on either side of the desk
- A little difficult to put together
Best Budget L Shaped Desk
The Ameriwood Home Dakota is one of the best l shaped desks that comes at a fairly lower price. With a built-in bookshelf on the side, it’s available in many colors ranging from rustic oak to espresso.
This desk offers plenty of space on the top and additional open shelves to store office supplies. Since it’s constructed with MDF and laminated particleboard, it is quite strong and can hold up to 100 lbs. Further, the extra storage shelves can hold up to 35 lbs each and the grommet holes keep your cords from tangling.
The Ameriwood Home Dakota definitely makes a stunning piece of furniture that’s able to catch eyes even from small corners.
However, it can only be set up in one direction — so make sure this desk fits your space before placing an order!
- Large work surface/ tabletop
- A built-in bookshelf on the side
- Easy to clean – just dust and wipe
- Grommet holes keep your cords from tangling
- Comes at an affordable price
- Two open shelves on the sides
- Six beautiful color options
- Constructed of laminated particleboard and MDF
- Assembly requires two adults
- No flexibility — can only be set up in one direction
Best L Shaped Desks For Home Office
This home office desk has an absolutely gorgeous construction — faux marble tabletop and steel frame in stunning gold color. And while the design is pleasing to the eye, this L shaped beauty serves more than just looks. With a generous amount of legroom and a humanized footrest, this desk is designed for comfort.
The M-style buckle design makes it easy to assemble for a single person although the instruction manual that comes with it is pretty vague. Another downside to this otherwise amazing piece of office furniture is the lack of storage shelves or drawers. We get it, the desk surface is beyond generous, but not having a space for your important files and papers right on your desk can be difficult.
But hey, for the price it comes in along with other features, we’re not complaining!
- Simple modern design
- Faux marble tabletop
- Sturdy steel metal frame
- Space-saving home office desk
- Made with safe E1 Class Particle Board
- HumBevel edge angle design
- Rugged and reliable mechanical design
- Supports multiple devices/ computers
- Round corner design to avoid injuries
- Comes with a free CPU stand
- Humanized footrest at the bottom
- M-style buckle design for easy assembly
- Vague instruction manual
- Lack of storage shelves
Best L Shaped Computer Desk
The Monarch Specialties L shaped desk blends function and design perfectly with its clean-cut lines and thick panel construction. As Amazon’s Choice for ‘white corner desk,’ it makes an aesthetic addition — something like straight out of Pinterest ‘office space’ boards. With spacious open shelves on one side and two medium drawers along with a lateral file cabinet on the other, this desk makes the most of space.
You can organize all your gaming or office supplies in one place, which means you don’t have to get up from your office chair to get ‘that one thing’ twenty times a day.
Finally, the desk has plenty of room on top to use it as your gaming hub or a writing desk. If you’re not a big fan of white, it also comes in dark taupe and ‘cappuccino’ colors, just saying.
- Sturdy and heavy
- Sleek and contemporary design
- Plenty of room on top for laptop, printer, coffee, etc
- Has 2 standard drawers and 1 file cabinet
- Spacious open shelves on the sides
- Durable hollow-core (MDF) board construction
- Adjustable shelves and drawers can be placed on either side
- Elegant white color matches well with most home decors
- The top may warp if you place anything wet on it
- The parts are not labeled (refer to user manual when assembling)
Best Modern L Shaped Desk
The Walker Edison modern corner desk is designed to save space and maximize work surface.
Crafted with a sturdy steel frame and thick, tempered glass, this desk is strong, durable, and can hold 2 monitors at once. The black powder coat finish gives it a clean and elegant look while the modern design will definitely add an Instagram-worthy oomph to your space.
Although it lacks a built-in cable management system, it’s not a deal-breaker and some zip-ties might solve the issue. Reviewers on Amazon raved about how easy it is to assemble this desk and how sturdy it is despite having a thin steel frame.
Plus, it has a built-in CPU stand and a slide-out keyboard tray. You can also assemble this desk into two individual desks.
- Plenty of room for legs
- Sturdy support despite the thin metal frame
- Supports multiple monitors and desktop
- Can be easily assembled
- Parts are labeled with stickers
- Built-in CPU stand
- Pull-out keyboard tray
- Beautiful modern design with black powder coat finish
- Extra of each screw in case of defects
- Limited color options
- No built-in option for cable management
Best L Shaped Standing Desk
And finally, a standing desk. The FEZIBO standing desk has a large work surface and can be adjusted into 3 heights! Recent studies have shown that standing or sitting continuously all day can be hazardous to health.
So, researchers suggest altering between sitting and standing while you’re working and this desk offers just that. The cable management tray underneath the tabletop ensures you don’t trip and fall from tangled wires while the desk hook can hang your headphones, jackets, or even backpacks. The dual-motor used to adjust the height is stable and quiet.
Finally, it utilizes anti-collision technology with a built-in sensor to detect objects and avoid bumping into them.
Note: We’re such fans of this desk, that it also made our list of the best office desks of 2020.
- Strong and durable iron frame
- Easy to put together
- Adjustable height (three heights)
- Dual-motor electric system to adjust the height
- Cable management tray underneath the tabletop
- Anti-collision technology to avoid bumps
- Desk hooks to hold headphones, bags, etc
- A small monitor riser or small shelf included
- The instruction manual is clear and detailed
- Limited color options
Things To Consider Before Buying L Shaped Desks
Your working style
What is your working style? Or gaming style? Are you someone who needs two monitors to get your work done or is one enough? Do you get swamped with paperwork and documents? Your working style is an important factor to consider before getting a desk.
Size of the desk
L shaped desks come in different sizes from small to big. A small desk can still be functional and space-saving when you don’t have a lot of room to spare. Similarly, if you have plenty of space (which is rare) or your work demands a large work surface, go for a bigger desk.
Some desks come with drawers and file cabinets, and some with even a hutch. If you have tons of gaming gears or important files and documents, definitely go with something that can hold all your stuff. If not, a simple desk with ample legroom can be functional and comfortable. Even though the amount of storage is a personal matter, a good desk should have enough storage to enhance your efficiency and productivity.
Height of the desk
Getting a desk only to regret it later would be devastating. Grab a chair and try it with the desk. Is the height comfortable for you? Or would you prefer it if the desk was slightly higher or lower? While most people opt for a general desk, some people today look for a standing desk — turns out there are numerous health benefits to this! But this is completely a preference and you should get what’s comfortable for you. If you are considering a standing desk, make sure that the height is adjustable. So you can easily go from standing to sitting in your office chair, which is actually super healthy instead of just sitting or standing for a prolonged time.
L shaped desks are perfect for small offices and living rooms, especially when you need a space-saving desk without sacrificing storage options. They blend style and function to increase efficiency and make the best out of small spaces.
But at the end of the day, the desk you choose should reflect your personal style and address your problems. From simple designs to an adjustable standing desk, we hope you find the best l shaped desk suited to your needs.