If you are tired of spending dollars at Starbucks or your favorite coffee house every day, you’ve come to the right place. Those dollar bills will quickly add up over the month, and burn a hole in your pocket in the long run.
OR, you can buy a decent budget coffee maker for half of your monthly spending on cafes and have a fresh brew every morning. Don’t we all love an energizing cup of joe right out of the bed?
The coffee makers we have listed below all come under the price of 50 dollars on Amazon. Some of these have a programmable timer while some need the push of a few buttons. Some are single-serve coffee makers while some brew enough for your entire family! Whatever your preferences are, you’ll surely find a coffee machine to fit your lifestyle below!
8 Best Coffee Maker Under $50 – Quick Review
- Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve
- Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Coffee Maker
- Black and Decker 5-Cup Coffee Maker
- Veken French Press Coffee Maker
- Chulux Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Black and Decker 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart 4-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker
- Yabana Espresso Coffee Maker
If you think you need a gourmet coffee machine to get the best brew from your coffee beans, then think again. The Scoop Coffeemaker comes in an elegant stainless steel build and brews delicious coffee in just a few minutes.
As Amazon’s Choice for ‘single coffee maker,’ it can fill an 8oz cup or a 14oz travel (that it comes with). Since it comes in a small, compact design, this single-serve coffee maker is perfect for those who don’t have much space on their countertop. The spill-resistant drip tray also has a built-in stand and the flexible mesh filter allows you to brew the coffee of your choice.
What’s more, you’re saving the planet by reducing the use of paper filters. Moreover, the Hamilton Beach comes with an automatic shut-off feature and an option for regular/decaf brew. This is the next best alternative to an expensive Keurig — and we’re not even kidding.
- Automatic shut-off feature after brewing
- Comes with a 14oz travel mug
- Easy to use and operate
- Spill-resistant drip tray with a built-in stand
- Rustless and elegant stainless steel build
- Regular/ decaf brewing options
- Reusable filter reduces paper filter waste
- The scoop filter has measuring lines for accurate serving sizes
- Settings for regular (automatic drip) and bold coffee
- Flexible mesh filter to use coffee grounds of choice
- Brew time: single cup in 90 seconds, travel mug in 2.5 minutes
- Durability issues
- Has a plastic-y taste in the first cycle, so run 2-3 cycles with plain water before brewing
Mr. Coffee has a coffee maker for every budget and even for lower-priced items, the performance is impeccable. The 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker combines style and functionality in a compact design to fit even the smallest countertops.
If you’re someone who keeps forgetting to turn their machines off, you’re gonna love the auto shut-off feature on this. It keeps your coffee warm for two full hours before it automatically turns itself off.
And, this coffee machine can be programmed to brew coffee at certain times — which means, you will wake up to freshly brewed hot coffee every morning!
- Programmable timer up to 24 hours in advance
- Removable filter basket for easy cleaning
- A dual water window allows visibility to avoid overfilling
- Easy cord management for clean countertops
- The warming plate keeps coffee warm for up to 2 hours
- Automatic shut-off feature to reduce the hazard
- Can brew up to 12 cups of coffee at once
- Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause lets you taste coffee before the brewing cycle completes
- Plastic build (durability issues in the long run)
Don’t go for the looks with this coffee machine — because even in a small size, the Black & Decker coffee maker packs a punch in terms of performance. It features a stunning glass carafe that can hold up to 5 cups. The DuraLife glass carafe further has measurement markings for accurate serving size, and a comfortable grip handle. The lighted on/off switch makes the brewing process as easy as refilling the water reservoir, brew basket, and flipping the switch.
Not only does this chic coffee machine brew delicious coffee, but it also keeps your drink hot for up to 1 hour. However, it doesn’t have an auto shut-off feature so you have to turn it off manually.
Nonetheless, the Black & Decker 5-cup coffee maker is one of our top picks for the best drip coffee makers.
- Lighted On/Off Switch
- Chic style in a compact design
- Removable filter basket
- Dishwasher safe
- Automatic drip coffee maker
- Water level indicator
- Fairly quiet machine
- Great price and quality
- DuraLife glass carafe
- 5 cup capacity
- Very simple and easy to use
- Nonstick carafe hot plate keeps coffee warm for an hour
- Does not have an auto shut-off feature
If you love making fresh coffee manually without depending on some automated coffee machine, you should get a French Press. It makes a unique brew that cannot be recreated in any fancy-schmancy machine.
The Veken French Press has a borosilicate glass beaker clad in gorgeous copper details. Whether you want an aromatic cup of coffee in the morning or a gift for coffee drinkers, this is a compact coffee maker that makes good tasting coffee. Made with BFA-free materials, the package includes a measuring spoon to add just the right about of ground coffee and a sponge cleaning brush that makes the cleaning process a lot easier.
Reviewers on Amazon love how the glass beaker allows them to control the coffee-making process as well as keeps the noise down (those metal ones make nasty screeching noise). Further, this versatile French Press can also be used to make juice, tea, frothed milk, hot chocolate, etc.
- Made with BPA-free materials
- Powerful coffee filter to make good coffee
- Measurement markings on the glass beaker
- Ergonomic handle for easy pouring
- Can brew 34oz coffee at a time
- Comes with a milk frother
- A rust-resistant stainless steel filtration system
- Noiseless even when the plunger is pushed down
- Sponge cleaning brush included in the box
- Comes with a wooden spoon and measuring spoon
- Can also be used to make juice, tea, hot chocolate, etc
- Should not be used on induction cooker
- Excessive force can cause scalding liquid to shoot out
For under $50 mark, the Chulux Single Serve coffee maker surely exceeds expectations. This machine is compatible with k-cup pods and works with both the first and second generation pods and most coffee filters.
Even though there isn’t a bulky water reservoir, it can hold just enough water for a single cup of coffee. The brewing process starts at the push of a button and the automatic shut-off feature prevents overheating and keeps your coffee machine safe.
You can use the coffee capsule for quick, no-fuss brewing, or a reusable filter with needed the right amount of coffee grounds. However, this coffee maker does not come with a reusable filter so you will have to buy it separately.
With a compact design, this coffee maker takes up little space in the kitchen counter and is perfect to travel with as well.
- Built-in water tank
- Removable drip tray
- Detachable filter basket
- Made with BPA-free materials
- Easy to operate and carry
- Compact design and elegant style
- Safe lock brewer lid
- Easy cleaning process
- 2-3 minutes brew time
- The reusable filter is not included
- Tip: Use water for the first 2-3 brews to clean
For just a tiny bit over the $50 budget, the Black & Decker CM2035B surely packs in cool new-age features that you wouldn’t want to miss. This coffee maker has a customizable option to brew your favorite drink just how you like it.
The brew strength selector lets you pick from regular to stong, although it works the best when the carafe is full. The thermal carafe is one of the best carafes you can find in coffee makers at this price point. It’s vacuum-sealed to keep brewed coffee warm for hours and the perfect pour spout on the thermal carafe means no-spill pouring.
The Evenstream showerhead dispenses water evenly through the ground coffee, resulting in a rich, aromatic brew.
And, there’s an LCD to show you when the coffee was last brewed, so you don’t have to drink stale coffee anymore! Undoubtedly, this is one of the best coffee makers on Amazon.
- 12-cup coffee maker
- Easy to use and clean
- Dishwasher safe carafe
- Easy to view water window
- LCD to display the brew time
- Small brew option available
- Auto shut-off feature for safety
- Vacuum-sealed 12-cup thermal carafe
- Perfect Pour Spout means no spills or drips
- Evenstream showerhead to dispense water evenly
- Brew strength selector (from regular to strong)
- 24-hour programmable auto brew function
- Sneak-a-Cup feature to have a little sip during the brewing process
- A little over the $50 mark
With an elegant black design, the Cuisinart DCC makes a stunning addition to any coffee drinker’s kitchen without cluttering the space. It comes with a 4-cup stainless steel carafe that has a dripless pour spout and knuckle guard. That makes it easy to pour without spilling coffee all over the counter.
And if you get impatient, the DCC has a brew-pause feature so you can drink a cup immediately, long before it completes the total brew cycle.
Finally, it has a convenient indicator light to show when the machine is on, and an automatic shut-off after 30 minutes for safety. The coffee it brews is flavorful and you’ll want to reach for cups and after cups like we did.
- 4-Cup Stainless-steel carafe
- Dripless pour spout and knuckle guard
- Gorgeous design in black
- Brew-pause feature to steal a taste
- Automatic shut-off after 30 minutes
- North American Electrical Standards approved
- Cone-shaped filter basket
- Made with durable stainless steel
- Durability issues in the long run
If espresso is all it takes to get you out of the bed and your heart dances at the thought of frothy cappuccino, the Yabano coffee machine is the perfect fit for you. Small and compact, it looks like something a barista would use on their vacation.
But, you don’t need to master any skills to use this coffee machine! Just lock the portafilter in with some medium ground coffee, turn the dial and it will start brewing in no time.
And if you want to steal a taste before the 4-cup glass carafe is full, just turn the dial to ‘pause.’
This espresso machine not only makes great-tasting espresso, but it can also make cappuccino and latte thanks to the manual wand.
- 4 cup capacity
- Portafilter to load ground coffee
- Small and compact design
- Very short brew time
- Dial to control the coffee-making process
- ‘Pause’ feature to steal a taste
- Manual steam wand to froth milk for cappuccino or latte
- Durability issues in the long run
- Does not have an auto shut-off
- Tip: Don’t use finely ground coffee, medium ground works best
Things To Consider Before Buying A Budget Coffee Maker
Does your kitchen have enough space for a large coffee machine? Do you live in a small apartment with limited counter space? The size of the coffee maker is important to consider before you make your purchase. If you travel a lot or have less space on the countertop, go for a machine with a compact design.
Number of cups
How many cups do you usually drink? Do you have to brew coffee for your family members too? If you are the only coffee drinker in the house or live alone, you can get away with a single-serve coffee maker. But if you have your friends over constantly, or your spouse, siblings, or parents are as coffee crazy as you are, then you surely need a coffee machine with a larger capacity. Espresso machines and coffee makers come with 4-cup, 5-cup, and 12-cup carafes that are perfect to brew coffee for more people at once.
Timers and auto function
Do you want to wake up to fresh aromatic smell from a freshly brewed cup of coffee? Or do you like to take a shower and get dressed while the coffee is brewing? Coffee machines today come with lots of automatic features and programmable timers. If you love sipping hot coffee before you can even open your eyes, so for a machine with a programmable timer. If you are someone who keeps forgetting to unplug electric machines, go for a coffee maker that automatically shuts off after a certain time.
Do you wait by the counter and jump at the mug as soon as the brewing process is complete? Or do you engage in an elaborate ‘morning ritual’ before you get to your coffee? Well, a warming plate can keep your coffee at optimal drinking hours for a certain time (depending on the machine). Also, some coffee makers come with a vacuum-sealed thermal carafe that also keeps the drink warm for hours.
Whether you love sipping on a warm cappuccino or iced coffee, the choice is yours. And so is the coffee machine that you will bring home. In the end, you should choose a coffee maker that can fit your lifestyle the best. The best coffee makers obviously brew delicious coffee — but also have the right cup capacity for your need and an auto shut-off feature for safety.